Wednesday, February 18, 2015

I Am Over {SO Over} Apartment Living


Today marks the 2 month mark until our lease is up. We've been living here for 6 months, and I am OVER it. I was all excited when we moved in to start a new adventure and enthusiastic... Well the bloom is off this rose!

Our upstairs neighbors must be a herd of elephants. The amount of noise they make is unbelievable. Like dropping 50 pound weights on their floor noisy. I have literally jumped from their noisiness.

There is so much open space for the kids to play on - it's really amazing. Except...there is dog poop everywhere. 

And a pack of kids that I think might be homeless are constantly running around outside and screaming at the top of their lungs while Drew is napping.

The energy system is so inefficient our utility bills have been higher in the apartment in the winter than in the summer in our house that was 50% bigger. And the windows are so poorly insulated it's COOOOOLD.

It's weird to hear people flush their toilet above you.

Our refrigerator is tiny, and our washer and dryer are pretty terrible.

I know these are pretty big #firstworldproblems {grin}, and overall, this has been a really decent place to live. Brent and I have both commented that we have definitely grown closer as a family here. I am just so ready for our house! Cabinets are going in TOMORROW!!! 2 weeks AHEAD of schedule!!!

And just because I wouldn't be a mommy blogger without some kid cuteness...

These 2 really are best friends, and I can't get enough of it.
If they are home, they are together. Warms my heart and soul!



3 comments:

Dee Stephens said...

The end is near!! I'm so excited for you and it will be worth it!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOO!

the blogivers said...

I seriously can't even imagine! Sometimes I fantasize about living in an apartment or cool loft in a cool part of town... then I remember the things you mentioned and I am just fine with my spacious house in the suburbs :) here's hoping the rest of your time flies by as quickly as possible!

Karen M. Peterson said...

I'm sorry! I know it's frustrating. But two months will pass before you even know what happened.