Thursday, February 14, 2013

Updates Galore

BP3 - My newest nephew has a name. 


Mayer David


Drew's Weight - We had a check-up yesterday for Drew's weight. She gained 8 ounces in 12 days which is on the light side but normal. She did drop another percentile category, but her doctor doesn't seem concerned. I wasn't ever really concerned. I did talk with 2 lactation consultants and they agreed with me that she was gaining just fine for an exclusively breastfed baby.

The doc does think Drew and I have thrush. Boo. I swear - between reflux, weight gain issues and this...we are tackling all the BF issues! I had no problems with Trent. It seems to be a pretty mild case, so we're starting with a pretty mild treatment. If you come to my house though and see me topless, you'll know why. {grin}

6 Week Postpartum - I had my 6 week OB follow-up this week as well. Everything seems to be going good in the physical recovery; I'd say I'm recovered (whoo hoo). Emotional is a little less peachy keen. I am still confident I am 9,020,102 times better than I was with Trent, but I'm still toying with the idea of talking to someone. I have good days and bad days and, right now, the good days greatly outweigh the bad, but it'd be nice to be proactive and keep the bad days to a minimum. My OB (who is wonderful, I cannot say enough amazing things about my practice) gave me the name of a woman who specializes in post-partum, so we'll see if I give her a call.

I had every intention of taking a picture of both kids all looking cute for Valentine's Day. It didn't happen. I am just proud that I got 20 gifts together for his class, presents for his teachers, presents for each of my kiddos and a present for my husband.


Happy Valentine's Day!!



3 comments:

Hanna said...

If you're having issues, totally call the counselor. It helps so much. I'm not seeing one for post-partum, but I'm guessing it would work the same way... They give you ways to cope and make you feel less alone in what you're dealing with. Glad to hear you're doing better this time though. :-)

the blogivers said...

Glad you are feeling better than you did with Trent, but also glad that you are not opposed to talking to someone if you need to :) Hope it all goes up from here!

Anonymous said...

Drew looks so cute! We had thrush - no good. Agree with going to see someone. If for no other reason than to do a self check. Some feedback might make you feel better. Happy Valentine's Day! - AP