Tuesday, January 22, 2013

How I'm Doing...

Drew is almost 3 weeks old and a joy. I am amazed at how easy just having a newborn is {during the day} when you are used to a toddler. She is sleeping good during the day {on me of course} and pretty good at night. Minimal day-night confusion and nursing 2-3 times/night - AH-mazing. I did put her in her room last week which was SUPER  hard for me. But she sleeps in a rock-and-play sleeper by the door which is 3 feet from our door - ha.

Anyway, back to me... I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop but so far I am doing good. Really good.

My happy pills

I don't know if it's already having done this before, the preparation I did before Drew's birth, the vitamins I've been taking for a year, my placenta, or a combination of it all..but I am in a good place. 

Don't get me wrong, I have had my moments of crying for irrational reasons {see moving Drew to her room above...separate post about that later}, but Brent has been so amazing at helping me talk through what I'm feeling and getting it out.

Part of me is waiting for the other shoe to drop, but I'm hopeful that if I feel like this after 3 weeks, I'm out of the woods. I guess time will tell... Prayers are still welcome and appreciated. {grin}

Hard to not be happy with her as my constant companion!


7 comments:

KristenW said...

You are doing awesome! You totally have this in the bag. Proud of you!!

Anonymous said...

Yea! Glad you are doing so well! Am a horrible friend for not coming to meet her yet! Coming this week! Babies sleeping on you is the best thing ever! AP

Adventures of Three Harts said...

Tie that shoe on, sounds like things are looking good! So happy for you, and Drew is beautiful! Good job mama!

Karen M. Peterson said...

Such a sweet little face!

Melissa said...

Love her lips! She's so cute

plauschinat said...

I'm glad to hear you are doing well!! Drew looks so snugly.

Jaclyn said...

So happy to hear that you are doing so well!! She is precious!