Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Grow Baby Grow - Drew - 1 Week Old

All day today I watched the clock and Brent and I talked about what we were doing this time last week. It's crazy how it feels so recent and yet so long ago.

So far, Drew is a pretty easy baby. I know we're in the 2-week 'honeymoon' phase, but we're doing really good. Last night, we only got up 3 times in the night! We've got a good routine, and what I'm really trying to do is make a decision and stick with it. One of my 'issues' with Trent was I constantly second guessed everything I was doing.

I'm doing good too {emotionally} and cautiously optimistic I'm experiencing normal 'baby blues' and nothing post-partum...we'll see.

She had her 5-day checkup on Monday and is almost back up to birth weight {8 lbs. 13 ozs.} and the pediatrician said she's great and healthy!

We've pretty much outgrown newborn clothes and diapers. I didn't have much in newborn clothes, since I knew she'd be big, but we won't even get to wear much of what we had which is kind of a bummer!

Our {big} 1 week old

I have a slight headband obsession! How cute is she?


6 comments:

Melissa said...

She's precious! Love the socks

Hanna said...

She's beautiful, Allena! I definitely think she looks like her momma. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Awww! Too cute! Can't wait to meet her! - AP

KristenW said...

She is SO CUTE. Love the outfit, headband, everything. She looks so much like T in that first pic!

Karen M. Peterson said...

She's adorable. I love the headband!

Anonymous said...

to answer your question "how cute is she?" TOO DAMN CUTE!!!! EEK! When my kiddos were sweet squishy babies, my hubby would constantly have to remind me "don't squeeze the baby!" hahaha.