Friday, December 21, 2012

Baby Gurl Bumpdate: 39 Weeks

I either say this or think it every week, but I can't believe we're here! 39 weeks! Today is my last day of work - unless she's super late (Dear Lord, please don't let her be super late), Baby Gurl's nursery is done, we're pretty much as prepared as we're going to be.

I had my checkup today with the midwife, Liane. Brent came along which was great because he hasn't met either the doctor or midwife, and I really didn't want to be introducing them in the hospital, ha. Everything was good today. I did decide to have a cervical exam, and it was as lame as to be expected given I never dilated with Trent. I am only 1/2 cm dilated. Boo. Now I know that doesn't mean anything because labor could come on tonight, but I was hoping for something {anything}.


Weight Gain: 35 pounds - this was my goal weight gain but given next week is Christmas, I might need to revise to 40 pounds. {grin}

Maternity Clothes: 99% outgrown! I have been mostly working from home this week, so I am spending my time in yoga pants and the 3 maternity shirts that still sort of fit. Good times.

Movement: Almost all her movements are painful at this point. I don't feel like she's dropped at all, but it really hurts down low...

Sleep: What sleep? I am fighting off a sinus infection, so sleep is fitful at best. I snore so loudly that Brent is sleeping with Trent more than with me.


What I Miss: Breathing easily through my nose. Ha.

Cravings: Anything and everything fatty. At least 'pregnancy craving' is my excuse.

Symptoms: Oh so much pressure in my nether regions...but obviously not enough to accomplish anything!

Best Moment of the Week: Duh, obviously finishing her nursery! Or maybe our comfort measures class. It was a great week!


Worst Moment of the Week: Seeing how bad my stretch marks are. I could have lived without seeing that for another few weeks ever. Or the sinus issues. I am so sleep deprived and stopped up. I really think I need her to hold off a few days so I can get some rest.

Other Random Stuff: I'm going to see 'Pitch Perfect' tomorrow with Allison. Then family holiday festivities start on Saturday! We'll see how much we {I} make given I feel so crummy right now. Let's hope the Mucinex, nasal rinse, Benadryl, lots of hot showers combo does!!!

Here's to having a baby in the next 10 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU LOOK AWESOME!!!!!
HAVE WONDERFUL HOLIDAYS....CAN'T WAIT TO SEE PICS OF BABY GURL...HOPE SHE COMES SOON!!
LOVE, MAMA KOHL

The Mrs. and The Momma said...

Good luck with everything Allena! I'm crossing my fingers for you that she's not late. :) I know you'll do great!!!! Merry Christmas!
-Kristen

Anonymous said...

You look so fantastic. Merry Christmas to you and the whole family. So excited for y'all and so excited to meet baby Gurl! -Cele

Hanna said...

Here's hoping you get some rest, feel better, and that baby gurl decides together busy on the cervix. It totally looks like she's dropped to me. :-) Can't wait to hear of her arrival and to see what y'all name her! Hang in there, momma!