Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas Recipe: Christmas Wreaths

Five days until Christmas!!  Time for my favorite Christmas recipe.

My Granny used to make Christmas Wreaths every year.  After she passed away, my mom has continued the tradition.  Not only are they delicious, but they turn your tongue green too which is super cool as a kid!

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 4 cups miniature marshmallows
  • 1 teaspoon green food coloring
  • 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 4 cups cornflakes cereal
  • 1 (2.25 ounce) package cinnamon red hot candies
Directions
  1. Microwave marshmallows and butter on High for 2 minutes. Stir, then microwave on High for 2 minutes more. Stir.
  2. Add and mix quickly the coloring, extracts, then cornflakes. Drop by spoonfuls in clumps on greased wax paper and decorate with 3 red hots each.
  3. Once cool, transfer to lightly greased serving/storage tray with lightly greased fingers.  

The result!  Yum!
{image via google}


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not only are they super cute, but they seem really easy too. Add in tasty and I am sold! I've got so many parties and things that I've got to take desserts to during the holidays, I could really use something that doesn't take a ton of time to make. I'll try them and let you know how they turn out.

Unknown said...

Yum!!!