Friday, October 28, 2011

Yum...or Not

I feel like I spend a lot of my day negotiating meals with a toddler.  This kid of mine wants to eat carbs.  Goldfish, crackers, cheerios, bread are all staples in his diet.  Yes, I pretty much gave up going gluten free.  I try to provide him  healthy meals and encourage him to eat them.  Want proof?

Scrambled eggs (cage free chickens), 
sliced turkey (preservative free), 
string cheese (the little bit of dairy he gets), 
carrots and blueberries.

He informed me that I needed to eat the carrots and blueberries.
He threw 1 piece of turkey on the floor.
He took 1 bite of the cheese.
He DID eat most of the eggs.

Then he was all done.  Until he spied a bag of goldfish.  Sigh.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So no dairy at all? Does he drink milk? Just curious, I don't know much about the whole non dairy thing. Trying to figure out when to make the switch with my boys.~Melissa

Shelly said...

Girl, I feel your pain! Ella is the exact same way with her eating or maybe I should say snacking :)

Hanna said...

Same thing at my house. My child loves carbs and dairy. I can get her to eat eggs sometimes for protein. No vegetables. Period. Sigh... If you haven't already, check out Deceptively Delicious by Jessica Seinfeld. The recipes involve hiding pureed veggies and fruit in sweets and kid-friendly food. Most of it's pretty good and it's all healthy. :-)

Kelly said...

I think if I have kids one day I am going to hold off on introducing those "fun" foods for as long as possible. I know eventually I won't be able to but I am going to hold out as long as possible.