Thursday, October 13, 2011

I Love You Jonny Bowden

I feel like I wait until there's a problem that I have to rely on someone else to solve to start doing research myself.  I mean this mainly toward parenting.  I trust our pediatrician a lot.  And I started to wonder if maybe I was relying on her too much.  I want to be a smart mommy.  I want to make decisions for my child(ren) and my family that are based on professional opinion AND my own knowledge.  So I bought a book on vaccines (still on the fence on that topic - ha), I went to several homeopathic seminars, I bought some books about healthy eating and natural cures.  I finally finished one of the books (natural cures) and am well into the second.  And I am very psyched.  I feel like I've learned so much just about general well-being and why certain things are good for me.  And with that, I give you Jonny Bowden, my new guru.


My man, Jonny, knows his shizz.  And presents in a way that is interesting and makes sense.  He talks so much about why things are good for you and what they actually do for your body.  He has several other books that I want to read - I'll be totally honest that these books are very informative but I can't read 50 pages at a time.  It is pretty dry material, although I can't stress enough that it is VERY interesting.  He has a chapter in the natural cures book called 'Desert Island Cures' and it's the 6 vitamins/supplements he'd want on a...desert island.  I take 3 of them already (thanks homeopath Kaya).  {grin}

I'm not trying to be preachy here, but I feel like doctors know conventional medicine (i.e. prescription drugs) but those a lot of times aren't the best thing for you.  And you can't fault a doctor for not knowing all the pharmaceuticals out there AND all the vitamins and natural supplements that can be better for you.  Now I feel a lot smarter! {grin}

2 comments:

KristenW said...

Really liked these from scrolling through them at your house. Might just have to read a few pages every time I am there:)

The Krause's said...

Ohhh, I love a new good book on these topics...I will be ordering them :) Thanks for the good info!