Sunday, February 13, 2011

Movie Review: 127 Hours

Allison and I saw '127 Hours' today.  This was another one we were both dreading and were so surprised to enjoy it as much as we did.

Synopsis: A mountain climber becomes traped under a bolder while canyoneering near Moab, Utah and resorts to desperate measures in order to survive.

Review: The director, Danny Boyle, also directed 'Slumdog Millionaire' which won the Oscar for Best Picture a few years ago.  You can definitely see his talent in this film.  It reminded me a little bit of 'Cast Away' just in the sense that 1 man carried the majority of this film.  James Franco did an excellent job as Aron Ralston.  {I think most people know this story, but if you don't and don't want to know the end, stop reading now!!!}  Allison and I were both DREADING the scene where he would cut his arm off, and it was horrible because James Franco was SO believable, but it wasn't as disgusting as I thought it would be (thank you Mr. Director) due to the way it was shown (lots of flashing scenes).  At the end, Allison and I were both teary-eyed and were definitely surprised at how enjoyable the film was overall.  Allison has declared this her 2nd favorite, I'm still debating.  We still both think Collin Firth should win for Best Actor but not by much!  8 down, 2 to go!

1 comments:

Kelly said...

I am still missing: The Kids Are Alright, 127 Hours, True Grit, and The King's Speech. I will say that of the ones I have seen Inception was my favorite! The one that was the most disturbing for me was Winter's Bone. I think it was so hard for me to watch because I could see so much of Buna in that movie.