Friday, February 18, 2011

Double Movie Review

Several of the Oscar nominated movies are already out on video, which has really helped keep down the cost of seeing all these movies. {grin}  First two I watched via Netflix - Inception and The Kids Are All Right.  I figured I'd talk about them together since I wasn't super crazy about either of them!


The Kids Are All Right:
Synopsis: Two children conceived by artificial insemination bring their birth father into their family life.
Review: I thought this movie was just 'all right'.  It had the potential to be really great and took a wrong turn in the middle.  The storyline between Julianne Moore and Mark Ruffalo was just dumb IMO.  I thought Annette Benning was fantastic and totally deserves her Oscar nod (but Natalie Portman is still my pick), but she was really the only great part.  I'm glad this was just a renter!

Inception:
Synopsis: In a world where technology exists to enter the human mind through dream invasion, a highly skilled thief is given a final chance at redemption which involves executing his toughest job to date: Inception.
Review: This movie was definitely better but still not one of my favorite nominees.  The plot was definitely very interesting, I just thought it had too much going on.  It reminded me of Armageddon where everything went wrong.  I mean everything.  After awhile, I was just over it.  I know others thought this was the greatest movie, so maybe I just don't have enough of an imagination?


Will hopefully get through Toy Story 3 and Winter's Bone this weekend!

1 comments:

plauschinat said...

I liked them both...probably liked Inception better. I thought it was such a creative idea. Totally agree about Annette Benning/Natalie Portman.