Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Double Movie Review

My last 2 Oscar movie reviews!  I hope y'all aren't totally sick of these, but I guess, even if you are, this is it.  Ha!  My last 2 Netflix movies - Winter's Bone and Toy Story 3.


Winter's Bone:
Synopsis: An unflinching Ozark Mountain girl hacks through dangerous social terrain as she hunts down her drug-dealing father while trying to keep her family intact.
Review: Jennifer Lawrence, who plays the lead character and is nominated for Best Actress, did a phenomenal job.  And the quality of the film was really good.  {I even thought at one point that if I were that poor I'd still at least wash the grime off my hands.  So props to the 'props'.}  I liked that there was some resolution and somewhat of a good ending, but I was still left with some questions.  Overall, I thought this film was good but not my type of movie.  If nothing else, seeing all these movies has definitely expanded my normal movie-watching!

Toy Story 3:
Synopsis: The toys are mistakenly delivered to a day-care center instead of the attic right before Andy leaves for college, and it's up to Woody to convince the other toys that they weren't abandoned and to return home.
Review: Just about one of the most precious movies ever!  I was teary-eyed from the beginning and watched the entire movie thinking how cute it was.  The animation is great, the plot is great, the humor is just right for adults and kids, and the moral of the story is on-point.  Grade A movie making!

3 comments:

Jaclyn said...

I loved Toy Story 3. This was Matthew's first movie to watch at the movie theater!

Kelly said...

Glad you saw Winter's Bone...can you see what I mean about the Buna similarity? We need to talk about it.

plauschinat said...

I liked Winter's Bone...I thought it was kinda like a hillbilly mob movie. But I struggle with animated movies...we watched the first Toy Story the other night and I struggled to make it through, just not my thing.