Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Falling Apart

 My sister told me right before I turned 40 to watch out - something about hitting the big 4-0 and the body starts to fall apart. I internally rolled my eyes at her and thought 'I'm losing weight, eating good, exercising regularly, I'm in the best shape I've been in in a long time, no way is 40 going to hit me hard.'

Well, I should have listened to her.

In the last year plus - shocking - within a few months of turning 40, I've:
  • Hurt the right side of my back but luckily got better with stretching, ice, rest but it took months
  • Hurt my right shoulder to where I had to do physical therapy
  • Hurt my lower back teaching too many classes, still dealing with it
  • Hurt the left side of my back GETTING OUT OF THE CAR, thinking I need PT
  • Have a failed root canal and am getting it redone TODAY
I probably need to do a separate post just about the dental issues I've had [note to self] because it is A LOT.

I noticed my tooth felt weird on Wednesday night but didn't think too much about it because it felt better on Thursday. Well Friday I woke up in excruciating pain and after a little Google research I was pretty sure I had a failed root canal. When I called the endodontist who had done the first root canal...they couldn't see me until Monday. I literally started to cry and spent several days living off Advil and liquid drinks. Luckily the pain subsided by Halloween, and I've just been uncomfortable since then.

Monday at my appointment, the endodontist agreed with my Google diagnosis, so I get to have a second root canal. 

2017 with my first root canal

Numb faces always make me laugh - and look at how short my hair was!
That's right after I donated it after having Paige.

I really hope my sister's prophecy stops being so accurate - I am not enjoying this AT ALL! {grin}


3 comments:

Natasha said...

Oh, this is no fun. As I near 50 my eyes are failing (I'm avoiding getting reading glasses) and I feel like my hearing is going too. Good times!

Kathryn Bagley said...

Oh to be 30 again..ha!

Emily said...

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I am also currently in great health and with 3 years 1.5 months until 40, I'm going to pretend that this doesn't apply to me. Just yesterday I was telling a friend how disinterested I am in elderly people's ailments, surgeries, and medications and secretly I think my disinterest is my personal denial that any of these things will ever happen to me.