Thursday, March 18, 2021

Reminiscing...One Year Later

Our kids are on Spring Break this week, and I can't help but think back to last Spring Break and what was going on at that time. Our 1 week Spring Break became '2 weeks to flatten the curve' and here we are a year later, ha. We are definitely in a much better position but it's all just SO WEIRD.

Let's take a little walk down memory lane, mmm-k?

I had a lot of anxiety about running out of food, so I did overbuy it.
I've had enough therapy to know how to handle that anxiety, so I did ok with it.

Book Club the night before the world changed.
The next day I started seeing all the information about staying home.
Really hoping I can see all these ladies in person NEXT MONTH!

I think this was the first Quarantine meme I saw and instantly loved it!

Texas at least showed up and gave us an AMAZING bluebonnet season.
This year...not so much. Due to the ice storm, I have seen very few bluebonnets.
I keep hoping they are just going to bloom late this year, eek. Super sad.

Our first family zoom! The kids did have fun, I promise.

Learning to work with the kids home EVERY day was super fun.


Jazzercise {corporate} and my local gym came through with online workouts!
A year later they are still going strong, and I'm so thankful!!

One upside was for sure lots of family time!


Our first porch girls night!! These are my ladies!

We found fun ways to celebrate holidays alone!
Bonus: I think we will go to church for Easter this year, 
and they can wear these outfits again, yay!

I learned to cut hair! But have since retired. {grin}

We definitely supported local businesses too!
Alcohol delivery FTW!

Looking back there were a lot of great memories that I could share, but I'll stop here. Yes, the last year has been hard, and I will be SO HAPPY when it's normal {whatever that means}, but it wasn't all bad!


3 comments:

Emily said...

I love these memories. The family time is something I will treasure forever. Carson is so close to Adam because he was so present in his first year of life and I love that. Also, Brent's face in the last picture - DYING. It's the fact Adam makes when I'm like "let me take a picture of you and your food" and his face screams I LOVE YOU BUT I ALSO HATE YOU A LOT.

Natasha said...

I think it was that driveway get together picture that inspired our happy hours, now book club! This year has been so hard but definitely some good has come out of it.

Kathryn Bagley said...

It's so crazy to think a year has gone by! Things are slowly getting back to "normal". I will say Zoom has helped out a great deal and I wish I would have invested in some of that stock!