Tuesday, March 23, 2021

My First Body Pump Class!

I taught my first Body Pump class on Saturday, and it went GREAT! 

Social media promo!!

As soon as I finished training, I was able to 'team teach' with a certified instructor, which I did maybe 5 or so times, and that was a HUGE help to being prepared. The very first time I taught I was shaking so bad from nerves/adrenaline, and every time after that I felt so much more confident.

My timeline for getting certified was pretty fast, and I was super okay with that because one the timer was counting, I just wanted to GET IT DONE. I had the greenlight to record starting February 8 with a deadline of submitting my video on April 8. I had to learn 10 routines and record an entire class which I did on February 28, submitted the video March 1 and got my pass on March 8. 

My official class starts March 30, and I'm really excited! But I got to sub for another instructor over spring break and it was so fun and went off fantastically. Luckily I wasn't nearly as nervous as I had been my first time getting up on the stage OR recording my video. I was a NERVOUS WRECK doing that and actually messed up in the second track and said 'F*ck' and sat down on the stage...so needless to say we had to start over. {grin}

The main thing I was nervous about was getting everything set-up correctly. I needed one device for music {our family - mostly Drew's - iPad}, a device to live stream for our customers who can't/don't feel comfortable coming to live classes {my phone}, my headset, and then I had to get everything turned on and working. Once all that was on/working and I started the first routine, I was all-in, and it went off without a hitch! Yay!

I'm going to be team teaching several times over the next week as we are launching a new release {once happens each quarter} and all the Pump instructors are going to do it together. So this week I'll be working on learning 4 new routines - I think that's going to be the hardest part for me at first - building set lists to keep it different/new/entertaining but also not taking up a lot of my time to do it!

My official class starts March 30 at 5:30 am, and the goal is to eventually be teaching Tuesday and Thursday mornings, but since this is a new class time for the studio we're starting with one day/week. I haven't consistently worked out early since pre-kids, so it's going to be an adjustment, but I'm also super excited!

Boom! Getting work DONE!

I only look a little bit manic in our after class group pic, ha!



3 comments:

Natasha said...

OOOOOOHHHHH -- this is SO EXCITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kathryn Bagley said...

well look at you with the 11kg!! I can't even do that! My max for any song is the 5.5 and 2.5..i could prob do more just scared. I got the app so hope to do one of your classes! You'll have to get me your schedule.

Emily said...

How am I 7 blogposts behind? CONGRATS. This is very exciting!