Friday, July 13, 2018

Goal Check-In

I had 4 goals and a family motto for 2018, and since we're halfway through the year, I thought it would be fun to check in and see how I'm doing!

Goals:
1. Get outside - I'll be honest, this one isn't going nearly as well as I'd hoped. Some days I'm proud of us and some days I'm not. We spend a lot of time at the pool right now and I take a lot of walks with kids in the wagon with a neighbor, and I'm just going to keep trucking along with this goal in mind.
2. Finish Trent and Drew's baby books - Oops, totally forgot this was a goal! But this is easy to knock out now that I remember about it!
3. Win the book challenge - I really wanted to win this but doubted I could beat Allison. Well, we all know who the victor was on this one - ME!!!
4. Photo-a-Day - Still going strong - I think I've missed 2 or 3 days so far the whole year, yay!

Family Motto:
A clean home is a happy home - I would definitely say I've improved here, but I'm still very inconsistent and have had plenty of days/moments where I was not happy with how things were looking. I'm making my bed 90% of the time and doing a lot better with the living room staying picked up and somewhat better with the kitchen. The summer has been hard having the kids home ALL day with different childcare almost every day, but we just wrote out some rules about what needs to be done EVERY DAY before they can have screen time, and damn it, I'm going to enforce this! They need to have their rooms clean and the playroom clean and then pick-up anything they have out in the living room and kitchen. I am still very passionate about getting a handle on this, so hopefully, I just continue to make progress. Another upside? With 2 kids out of daycare, we are talking about having our cleaning lady start coming every 2 weeks instead of every 4! That would be such a huge help, so I'm really going to work on Brent on this one. {grin}

So not nailing everything but not failing either - I'd say I'm doing pretty darn good with motivation to keep trucking along!

2 comments:

Kathryn Bagley said...

So speaking of a cleaning lady..I live in an apt so not much for me to keep clean but with me working almost every night and on weekends I just don't have time. SO I had someone come clean for me this week :/ but it was nice to just not have to worry about dusting or wiping down counters! I also don't have kids so I am for you having help every 2 weeks :))

Emily said...

Yay for goal updates! I will admit we have also slumped in our outside time because it’s so damn hot (and we are probably cooler than you guys!). I hate summer heat and if I can’t be immersed in water, I just rather stay inside until the cool comes (again, much sooner for us than you!). I love that you made rules about keeping things clean before tv. I have found that method to be so effective, even for Oliver. Tv is, in my opinion, the greatest carrot to dangle over children’s heads.