Tuesday, July 10, 2018

A Fantastic 4th

I find that I do less and less 'recaps' on my blog these days, but it's nice every once in a while to document an event or the regular days. I might go back to doing a monthly catch-all post just so when I'm old and look back at my blog I have lots of good memories documented. {grin} 

With that said, we had such a fun 4th of July I wanted to remember it! Some of our closest friends moved into our neighborhood a few months ago and now live about .1 miles away - from our front yard, you can see their front yard. They also have a pool and invited us over with a few other friends!

My first time making a trifle - it was heavenly!

Trent immediately checked out the new pool chairs.
Our friends are so amazing - we have a key to their fence and can swim whenever we want!

My festive trio!
I had to prep Drew for MONTHS that she would wear this dress, such a clothes diva.

All the kiddos!

Who doesn't love a good theme?
[Brent's shirt is navy with red stripes, just kind of hard to tell in the pic]

How cute is this suit? I got Drew in it, but then she didn't like it,
so off it came. Sigh.

Her famous 'Where?' pose with an Oreo-covered face. LOVE!

We decided to forego her nap but at 6:00 she just couldn't hang anymore.
She hasn't slept on me in what feels like ages, so I soaked it in.
I also soaked in the pee when she peed on me while sleeping, ha!

We swam {until the thunderstorm rained us out}, we ate, we drank, we enjoyed a good time with good friends - and isn't that what America is all about? {grin}

1 comments:

Kathryn Bagley said...

The trifle looks yummy! Send me the recipe! Glad you guys had a great time!