Monday, May 21, 2018

Photo-a-Day: Week 20

Day 134: Waiting Room Shenanigans
[Sidebar: It was hard at first to distinguish whether the other kid Drew was playing with was a boy or girl. At first, because this child had long hair, I assumed girl. But then the clothing made me think boy. Then we asked for the child's name, and we were told 'Zephyr', so I further thought boy. Drew kept whispering to me to ask, and I kept trying to whisper back that it didn't matter because we just want people to be kind, and that anyone can have long hair, etc. I even reminded her she has a traditionally boy name. Finally, the other child figured out what was going on and said 'I'm a boy'. His dad also had long hair and I'm sure could hear us talking, so I felt really awkward as a mom but was hoping I handled that right. Anyone have any thoughts/suggestions for what you would have done differently?]

Day 135: Front Yard Football

Day 136: More Waiting Rooms

Day 137: Watching Trent's Old Class' School Play [That He Helped Write!]

Day 138: YUM!

Day 139: Parade Watching

Day 140: The Swope Six


2 comments:

Kathryn Bagley said...

I love how kids are just curious and say what they are thinking and feeling (and unsure of). We lose that innocence as get older because we want to be politically correct.

Natasha said...

Ahhhh... I don't know what the best thing to do would have been. Sometimes I just get the kids to ask if they really want to know. It seems less rude. The other issue I struggle with (for myself) is WHY does it matter? For me, I know it does, but still...