Tuesday, May 22, 2018

An American Princess

I knew there was no way I was going to set my alarm on a weekend to watch the Royal Wedding, but as soon as I got up, I turned on The Today Show's coverage and have devoured a million stories online, have had about 20 conversations and texts breaking down all the pieces. So it was only natural I post about it here!

Here are my overall thoughts:
-Meghan is BEAUTIFUL, but I was [eek, I'm scared to say this] didn't love her dress. Everyone raved about how it was simple and gorgeous and the opposite of what we see so often [lace like Kate wore and a heavier silk]. I agree that it was simple and made well and COULD have been beautiful. But I just felt like it didn't fit! It looked like a loose sack on her. So sad to say that.
-I did, however, loved her veil. Like obsessed with it loved it. I loved how it had flowers from the 53 countries of the commonwealth and flowers for California and Diana's favorite flower. I loved where it hit her in the front, I loved how it was so long, everything about that veil! It was the highlight for me!
-Also on the bad list - her shoes!
-And I think she has AMAZING hair, and it was kind of blah. Now I was mostly going nuts over the tiara and, of course, the veil, so it didn't detract, but I wish she had worn it down to show off how beautiful it is.
-I loved that her bouquet was also Diana's favorite flower.
-I liked William and Kate's pageboy and bridesmaid dresses better.

Now for some picture highlights!

I love how happy she and her mom look here!
Her mom must be blown away by all this, ha!



THIS was the money shot to me.



They are so cute!


You can kind of see how the dress doesn't seem to fit.
But again LOOK AT THE VEIL!



Blah, ill-fitting dress! It's like she lost too much weight after her last fitting.
I wish they would just cinch it in a couple of inches.





The only thing ruining this picture is her ugly white shoe.




SQUEEEEE! XOXOXOXO


Sunday, the sketches of Meghan's dress were posted online. I think the sketch makes me like the dress more because it shows how it was intended and doesn't look baggy! And, to be a broken record, the veil shines here too!



Thoughts on the reception pics:
-This was her va-va-voom dress and she rocked it!
-I liked Kate's dress better - her belt and sweater made me swoon - but Meghan is a knockout here!
-I also love that she wore that gorgeous ring of Diana's! I love all the little touches for bringing Diana into the day.




Yesterday the official wedding photos were released!

First off, I'm so excited the boys are wearing pants, which is apparently against protocol, but is something I am majorly in favor of. I do NOT like the way little British boys are dressed normally! BUT these page boy outfits were kind of weird to me, so it's kind of a wash, ha.

I didn't like that the Queen was wearing green until I saw this picture.
I love how the colors all come together perfectly with her bouquet - 
especially when you know that was Diana's favorite flower.

SWOON

Now that I've exhausted the subject - What did you think of the Royal Wedding?!?!

*All photos from POPSUGAR.com*


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not into the royalty thing at all, but I did want to see her dress. Like you, I was not impressed. For $270K, there better be some kind of bling or beading or something on there & it better be flawless! She is really pretty. - AP

Kathryn Bagley said...

I agree-i wish her dress was more fitted (and Id need some bling, personally!) and poor Harry is going to have the same hair line as his brother..ha! but beautiful pics!

Emily said...

I had a very random bout of insomnia that night and ended up watching a lot of it (more so in the background). I agree 100% about the fit of her dress. I’ve seen lots of comments about the poor tailoring so I know we aren’t alone. I do wonder if some of it was intentional so she wouldn’t look “too sexy” (?). Also agree that her reception dress was a total knockout. Hadn’t seen the family photos until your post and I agree that I love love love how all the green colors come together.

Natasha said...

So there was no way I was getting up early to watch the wedding, and honestly, it was kind of off my radar, so I'm glad you wrote about it. I do really love the family photo. And now I'm off to stalk more photos online :)