Friday, April 27, 2018

My Dorkiest Thing

When we were at the Dell Match Play last month, we played a fun game where we each had to name the dorkiest thing about ourselves. When I first started thinking about it, I thought 'What isn't dorky about me?' Ha! But let's consider:

  • I'm a giant bookworm 
  • My love for book club is a little over the top
  • How much I we listen to the Disney Pandora station
  • I have an odd obsession with the British aristocracy
  • I love musicals and their soundtracks
But I decided the dorkiest thing about me is the way I make lists. Are you thinking 'Huh? What does she mean? Like she makes a grocery list?' Not quite...

I make lists or documents of all sorts of things - some examples include: 
  • My Top 10 favorite books/movies/songs {and I also evaluate from time-to-time}
  • The books chosen by each person in book club, 
  • Documenting my reading challenges {you'll see 2018's once I finish!}, 
  • My Oscar movies are tracked...
  • I made a powerpoint presentation for book club
  • Baby names for Paige {I can't seem to delete this one off my phone}
You can see what I mean!

Here's something I make for book club too. See? DORK!

What do you think? Am I a bigger dork than you thought before reading this? Think about yourself...what is YOUR dorkiest thing?

AHHHHH - I'm a DORK!!!!!!!!!!


4 comments:

Natasha said...

I still have the list of baby names we were considering for Sam and he is NINE now. We didn't know if he was a boy or a girl so it's fun to see what we were considering :)

And I'm doing a 24 hour readathon this weekend so I am a big book dork too :)

Nothing make me happier than a good purging of all our stuff so that is likely the dorkiest thing about me!

Kathryn Bagley said...

I love musicals and theatre! In face I'm going to see Sister Act tonight at our local theatre..hehe!

Anonymous said...

That invitation makes you AWESOME! - AP

Emily said...

I am a spreadsheet dork. I love spreadsheets. And now that I don’t regularly use them for work, I’m obsessed with perfecting and improving my personal Spreadsheets in every way possible. Dork.