Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Movie Review: The Greatest Showman

Allison and I gave The Greatest Showman a thumbs down when we saw the preview, but a friend {Hi Kathryn!} said it was awesome, and my sister told me I would love the music, so we finally decided to go. The best part is we caught it at our local dollar cinema, so if we were disappointed, at least it only cost us $2!


Plot: Celebrates the birth of show business, and tells of a visionary who rose from nothing to create a spectacle that became a worldwide sensation.

Review: Love, LOVE, love, love. I can't say enough good things, no GREAT things, about this movie. First off, every song was awesome {yes, I downloaded the soundtrack in the car on the way home}, the plot was great, we were beyond entertained the whole time. I also love that I can show this to the kids - and plan to this weekend - it's rated PG, and I'd even consider it a soft PG. Just absolute fun!!!

4 comments:

Natasha said...

I've heard so many great things about this movie and how much people love it! It's good to hear another positive review. And yay for it being kid friendly as well.

Anonymous said...

Such a good, fun movie! I’m so glad we saw it! Why can’t movies like this be the ones we have to see for the Oscars?!?! - AP

Kathryn Bagley said...

yay!!! I was so interested in the actual story of Barnum I looked up to see how much was true in the movie-ha!

Emily said...

I’m so glad you reviewed this. It’s gotten glowing reviews from most everyone although there are the voices of dissent (celebrating a man who treated animals so cruelly?). I’d never thought about showing it to Aaron but I certainly like that idea!