Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Double Movie Review: Call Me By Your Name and The Post

We're nearing the finish line! Allison and I hit up 2 movies in just over 48 hours to pretty much finish up. We each have 1 rental left before Sunday, but then we'll have seen everything! {I watched Dunkirk with Brent on Sunday night and still need to see Get Out.}

Up first - Call Me By Your Name


Plot: In 1980s Italy, a romance blossoms between a seventeen year-old student and the older man hired as his father's research assistant.

Review: I was a little nervous before going to see this movie because the previews made the age gap between Elio {the son} and Oliver {the assistant} seem like a lot - like almost pedophile-ish a lot. Luckily, it didn't feel that way once we watched the movie. Oliver is just so full of life, it'd be hard for anyone not to fall in love with him! It ended differently than I expected in several ways, but overall it was a sweet love/coming of age story. 

Then, last night, we saw The Post.


Plot: A cover-up that spanned four U.S. Presidents pushed the country's first female publisher and a hard-driving editor to join an unprecedented battle between the press and the government.

Review: So I enjoyed this movie and loved learning about history, but I felt like Spotlight from a few years ago kind of stole the thunder of 'newspaper prints crazy story shedding light on corruption'. Meryl Streep and Tom Hanks were wonderful, I was entertained the whole time, the sets were great, I just think Spotlight did it better, ha.

I'll post my votes on Friday!!! Yay to another successful Oscars season. And now Allison and I can pick some blockbuster love story to go see next!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

So ready to see a movie of our choice! I think I would’ve enjoyed The Post more if we weren’t in the front row! - AP