Thursday, October 26, 2017

Lake Austin Spa

For 3 years in a row, Brent has bought his mom and me a Mother's Day package at the Lake Austin Spa. I've never remembered to take pictures to blog about it, but I did this year! After almost having a coronary over the spa trying to tell me sick kids weren't a valid reason for canceling with less than 24 hours notice, they made things right, and we were able to go last Friday! Yay!

We are so ready for some treatments and relaxation!

The first thing you do is get changed into your robe. All the spa guests wear a spa robe the whole time. It seems weird at first, but it's not once you see everyone else chilling.


They have a room called 'The Blue Room' where you wait before your treatments. There's a small buffet with snacks (almonds and dried apricots), an assortment of teas, water, just very light stuff while you wait. It is such a relaxing and beautiful room.

Picture via google {grin}

After our treatments, we had lunch. I didn't have my camera with me, but we had a yummy lunch with prosecco.

Then we walked around. Usually, we go in September and spend hours in the pool/laying out. This day was cloudy/stormy, so we didn't swim but still enjoyed walking around, chatting, and we sat in some lawn chairs out on the lake. Everywhere you look there are gorgeous flowers, the lake is so peaceful, and you're totally secluded. It is heaven.

View by the pool where we usually swim


Terrible picture, but I wanted to show us in our robes, ha


There's a little reading 'house' - I would love to spend a day sitting in here reading!

Who wants to nap here? Me!

Amazing landscaping

See what I mean about the flowers? So pretty!


Since we couldn't swim this year, we did the next best thing and left a little early and went shopping!

Can't wait to go back, honey!

2 comments:

Kathryn Bagley said...

Glad you guys got your spa day! Shopping is always fun :)

Emily said...

So nice!