Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Capitol of Texas Zoo...aka Happy Birthday, Jalen {Trent's Birthday Twin}!

For anybody that's been reading my blog for a few years, you might remember Trent's birthday party that was a 'spooky party' where he had a skull birthday cake {made by yours truly!}. One of my friends that was there was 38 weeks pregnant and went into labor that night and had her baby boy, Jalen, on Trent's 4th birthday {go back and read that post and see his little squishy newborn self!}. Well, Jalen just turned 3 this weekend, and we celebrated going to the Capitol of Texas zoo.

Cristee and Jalen - I can't believe he's 3!

Amazed at the animals they had - lion, tiger, leopard, hippo!

We went and looked at the hippo 3 times. The kids loved him!

Schuyler and Beau

'Mom, the bear is peeing!!!'

Of course. My children would play in sand.
I made them bathe when we got home and the tub was so disgusting after.

I love how happy little kids are for the singing and cupcakes!

We had such a great time celebrating J and spending time with friends!

2 comments:

Kathryn Bagley said...

Fun! So if I told you that I have lived in Monroe for 12 years and went to our zoo for the first time a couple weeks ago! Now that I'm older I felt so bad for the animals being in such a small space and all alone :/

Karen Peterson said...

What a fun day!

I think that sand picture is proof that your kids need a trip to the beaches of Southern California! ;-)