Monday, September 23, 2013

Eating It Real: Week 1

As I mentioned last week, I am undertaking a weekly challenge over the next 14 weeks to improve my eating habits. If you read the blog I am following, the main goal is to just do what you can to make better food choices - whether you follow the challenge for a week, a day or even just 1 meal. My goal is, for the most part, to layer these weeks onto each other. There are a few that I know won't be sustainable for me long-term, but I know I can do the majority of this overall for a healthier lifestyle! I also love that these are baby steps, as I have a LOT of bad habits to break!

This week's challenge is: Two fruits and/or vegetables per meal.


In some ways, I think this will be easy, and in other ways, it will be SO HARD. I like fruit enough {but don't seek it out} but veggies are awful. There are so few I like, but I hope by the end of this challenge, I've found a few extras I can stand. Luckily I can pick between fruits OR vegetables, so that should help!

I know my sister is doing the challenge with me {yay!}, so if anyone else wants to join in, leave a comment, and we can encourage each other to better eating!

Check back tomorrow for Emmy's fashion!!


3 comments:

the blogivers said...

So what you're saying is, in response to my facebook status on Friday... the handful of Skittles I ate did NOT count as a serving of fruit that day? ;)

Dee Stephens said...

Good for you! I try and eat a veggie or fruit at every meal. I like both.

Kelly said...

I am the opposite. I really don't like fruit. I LOVE vegetables but there are literally only like 4 fruits I will eat.