Friday, September 6, 2013

Casting Call [Nerd Alert]

This has been a busy week in 'casting lead actors for books made into movies'. Hugely popular books being turned into movies seems to polarize people...well, if we're being honest...women. 

First up... 50 Shades of GreyIf you'll remember correctly, this book will hold a special place in my heart forever. {grin} 

There has been a lot of buzz about who should play Christian Grey. He has to be hot and buff but look great in a suit. Matt Bomer, Ian Somerholder, Ryan Gosling, etc. were names thrown around. I knew there was no way a big name was going to sign up for this role because it's pretty crazy. I knew some up-and-coming star would see it as his big break. [Same for Anastasia]

Introducing...Charlie Hunnam as Christian Grey

I personally think he is perfect! He currently stars on FX's Sons of Anarchy so you can see lots of pictures of him looking a little rough around the edges. Yum.

Anastasia. She needs to be pretty but not beautiful and super feminine. Again, names like Alexis Bledel and Nina Dobrov...not going to happen people.

Dakota Johnson as Anastasia Steele

I think she's another one who will be perfect in this role. The pictures I've seen of her show that she can be pretty or stunning.

My current obsession would definitely be the Outlander series. I'm currently in book 5 of the series and still think they are AMAZING books. The shortest book has been over 700 pages, so this series is a big undertaking. And you totally fall in love with the characters. The book club member {Jennifer} who picked Outlander says {and I concur} that Jamie is the best male lead she's ever read in a book.

I had a hard time imagining Jamie because he's supposed to be gorgeous but a rugged, wild Scottish Highlander. I kept picturing Hagrid from Harry Potter which is so not right. I kept thinking he should look like Chris Hemsworth but just kept seeing Hagrid. Ugh. Haha. When I saw the casting, I knew they'd nailed Jamie.

Sam Heughan as Jamie Fraser

Claire has yet to be cast, but I'm sure she'll be amazing.  Can't wait!

Bring on the movie making!!!

1 comments:

Kelly said...

I will admit that I have not read 50 Shades and I have no desire to. You know how feminist I am when it comes to relationships and gender roles between couples. (blame it on my Buna experience...ha!) So I will admit that I already have a negative (and judgmental) view point of the book based on what other people have told me about it. I just can't imagine it would be something I would like and I have had other friend tell me that I would HATE it. So....I doubt I will see the movie either.