Monday, September 2, 2013

Grow Baby Grow {Drew} - 8 Months

Well, baby girl, this has been a very busy month. Crawling, pulling up...we definitely don't have a little baby anymore! 


Stats:
Weight: ~16 pounds {from sick visit}
Clothes: all 3-6 months and 6-9 month pj's, finally outgrowing some of the 3-6 month clothes!
Diapers: size 2 in disposables during the day and size 3 at night, still all snapped down in cloth
Hair: starting to fill in some, not as dark as I thought it would be!
Eyes: I think your eyes are going to be the same olive-y/gray color {technically I think hazel} as your brother. I was so hoping for blue like Daddy.

I swear, you mastered sitting for all of one week and were just off. On a Monday, you got on all 4s and by Friday {August 2 - when you technically turned 7 months} you took your first 'steps'. I was floored. You are now into everything.

Sitting up SO big and proud.

You are doing better at daycare. It still isn't your favorite place, and you nap terrible there mostly, but you enjoy playing with your friends and you are liking your teachers more and more.

For some reason, you decided bathing in the tub wasn't for you anymore. It started to freak you out, so we're now having our nightly baths in the kitchen sink. You are much happier in there. I can get the water nice and toasty, and you just splash and talk and have a good old time. It works out well because you are usually covered in food so it's a short commute to your 'tub'.


You are babbling so much more. We hear 'dada' at a lot and 'mama' some. 'Gaga' is another favorite. You are starting to wave and clap, and I SWEAR you signed 'all done' to me after dinner last night.

We went to Salado and Bandera this month, and you had a great time. You slept awful at night but are just too cute for it to matter {much}. You also looking stinkin' precious in your bathing suits. You are so tiny you are still wearing your 3-6 months suits, and I'm not sure you'll make it into your 6-9 month ones before summer is over. Good thing we live in Texas, we've got another month to try them out!


Your brother continues to find you a little more interesting here and there. He wants to pick you up and wrestle with you. You mostly enjoy the attention and just laugh so hard at him. Slays me. EVERY.TIME.

First time trying yogurt. Made such a mess, but I didn't care in the least!

Naps are a little all over the place. You are transitioning to 2 naps {occasionally you take 3 at daycare since they are so short}, but with your first ear infection, you have lost the skill of putting yourself to sleep. I foresee another round of sleep training in month 9. Boo.

You love to drink water from a cup. You are so big time.


We still have a great nursing relationship, although you have started to bite me. Not cool, little girl, not cool. I pull you off and say 'No biting mama.' You just smile at me. I'm not sure you get it that I'm attempting to discipline you, ha.

You have tried lots of new foods this month and have yet to find something you don't like. You now eat: apples, watermelon, pineapple, grapes, cherries, eggs, avocado, tomatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, and broccoli.

What?

Love that she will try anything! 
'You see if I just pick this tree up and shove it in my mouth, I can bite all the leaves off.'

Bedtime is still right around 7:00-7:30. You are about 50/50 for falling asleep while nursing, which is one of my favorite parts of the day. 

You still wake at night. Usually just once, sometimes twice. Your ear infection has also increased your wakings, ugh. You slept through the night once this month {first time in MONTHS} on August 23, a day I had to get up at 6:00 for a work training. Not nice.

Just zooming around.

The highlight of the month for me was your baptism on August 31. [Separate post to come of course] You were such an angel throughout the service, and my heart just bursts every time I look at the pictures.

Blessed moment
[Her little pigs kill me] 

Drew Babe {as your daddy calls you}, we love you so much. You are such a sweet girl. Always quick to smile and laugh. You love to snuggle and hug and kiss. You love your peeps the best {especially Mama}. People always comment on how pretty you are and how sweet you are. I know the world is going to see big things out of you! We couldn't be happier that you are ours.

4 comments:

Dee Stephens said...

That last picture is awesome and a framer! Is it professional?
She looks so long too!?
I've gone private for a little while so send me your email so I can add you to my list.
I'm hoping it's not long but we will see. XO
Dee

KristenW said...

Awwwwww, I LOVE LOVE LOVE this post. She is such a sweet girl! Love watching her sweet little self grow up. XOXO

Kelly said...

Such a sweet post!! I can't believe how much she has grown in just a few short months. She is precious!!

Karen M. Peterson said...

I can't believe how fast they grow up! She's, like, actually a baby now and not an infant anymore. It's crazy.