Friday, September 2, 2011

Cake Decorating Class - Part 1

After Trent's rockin' birthday party and my entry into the world of cake decorating, Rhonda and I signed up for a 3-part cake decorating class.  Last night was 'Part 1', and we had SO much fun!  When we got settled in the class, I looked up at our instructory, and she was the lady who made our wedding cakes - small world, right?  I knew we were in good hands because our wedding cakes were awesome!

See?  Awesome, right?
{I don't have my wedding CD otherwise I could post a better one of my cake.  Boo.}

I really didn't know what to expect in our first class, but we got busy right away learning how to make icing and then actually decorating a cake!

Busy, busy!

The finished cakes.  I am still in shock that we made these!
{Mine is just a little crooked, huh?  HA!}

A close-up of Rhonda's.

I'm super excited about our next class, although I am slightly annoyed that we have about 20 things to bring to class next week.  BUT we're learning how to decorate cupcakes, so I'm sure it'll be worth it!  Tune in next week for 'Part 2'!

3 comments:

the blogivers said...

Nice! They look great! Back in the day, I used to make cupcakes a lot (sometimes for pay), but then a lady wrote me a nasty email about the cupcakes I made for a shower she threw and I gave up... pity party for me! Anyway, I've always thought it would be fun to take a class like that but my self-esteem is totally shot now so I don't know if I'll ever get around to it. Haha didn't mean to turn this into such a long comment, sorry :)

Katie @ Modern-Day Family said...

that looks like so much fun! I would love to learn how to decorate cakes. I'm lacking in the "looks" department of baking

Kelly said...

WOW!!! You did such an awesome job!!