Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Movie Review: Sarah's Key

Allison and I went and saw 'Sarah's Key' on Sunday.  It might be our last movie before Baby Girl Price arrives...so exciting!


Synopsis: In modern-day Paris, a journalist (Kristen Scott Thomas) finds her life becoming entwined with a young girl whose family was torn apart during the notorious Vel' d'Hiv Roundup in 1942.


Review: Allison and I both thought the movie was REALLY good.  I cried a little but not nearly as much as I thought I would.  The part I was dreading (if you know the story, you know what I'm talking about) was bad but not as sad as the book so that was a relief.  There were a few inconsistencies from the book but none that bothered me too much.  Allison and i both interpreted the ending of the book differently from the movie and liked our own book ending better. {grin}  Overall, I thought it was a very good movie.  I (of course) liked the book better! 

1 comments:

Michelle said...

I don't get to see too many movies these days (you know, ones that aren't animated), so I probably will skip this one in favor of one that won't make me cry. :)

Glad you got a night out!