Wednesday, June 22, 2011

June Activity

I took Trent to Heartsong Music today as our June 'Project 52' activity. (#33 Do something creative w/ Trent (like Children’s museum) at least 1 time per month).  Is it just me or can classes like that (Gymboree, Little Gym, etc.) be more stressful than fun?  I feel like I'm constantly on 'red alert' as I am learning that my child likes to hit.  {grrrrr}  I spend so much time trying to keep him from being 'that kid' that I don't enjoy the activity.  We went to a birthday party for a kid in his daycare class at Gymboree, and I was stressed almost the entire time.  I was hoping we could do their summer program, as they have a class every Wednesday, and Wednesday is the day Brent plays golf every week.  It would be something fun for us to do together; it would keep us indoors out of this blistering, nasty, insane, horrid Texas heat; it would be educational...  Overall the class was fun but I don't think we'll be going again this summer.  Am I the only mommy that stresses over this stuff?  #Mommyfail

2 comments:

Jaclyn said...

No, you aren't the only mommy that stresses over this. I worry about this too, but try to relax and enjoy it. He'll grow out of this phase soon enough!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you 100%.....hang in there! You try to do good things for them and then you're often left feeling like they ruin it with their behavior. So frustrating! LL