Sunday, March 27, 2011

I Should Be Embarrassed...But I'm Not...Mostly

Did you know that in North America, romance novels are the most popular genre in modern literature (according to Wikipedia)?  I should probably be embarrassed to admit I read them, but I'm not!  I'm only embarrassed by the silly covers! {grin} 
There's one book in particular, Shanna by Kathleen Woodiwiss, that I read every year or so.  I started it again this weekend.  It's been about a year and a half since I last read it...maybe longer because I'm not sure if Trent was here yet.  Do you ever re-read a book?  When I start reading this book, I start remembering parts and get so excited to get to those parts of the story.  Brent calls me his 'nerd' all the time - this weekend I took Shanna with us so I could read in the car on our way places.  I fully embrace my nerdiness, but I promise if you want a good book to read, this is it.  Now off to read before bedtime... 



2 comments:

KristenW said...

I am not even going to comment on this one. Ha!Shanna, bebe. (although I guess I did just comment.. you know what I mean;)

Kelly said...

YES! I reread Winter Dreams Christmas Love almost every year! haha! That was still the BEST gift you ever gave me! :)