Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Oh Trent...

We have a feisty and willful boy on our hands.  I'm SO proud as a mother to receive the below from his school.

What's that say?  Let's look a little closer...

Check out the 'Comment' section...proud mommy

So Trent likes to pull hair and push other kids down.  He is definitely testing his boundaries at home and tries to hit us or pull our hair.  We're disciplining him but it's not easy figuring out the most effective way to discipline a toddler.  I got a little defensive to Brent when discussing with him Trent's behavior, so we'll see what happens when this lion mama goes to our 'conference'.  Possible Mommy FAIL?  I guess time will tell!

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh no! When is the conference??

Allena said...

Tuesday...I will definitely tell everyone the result!

Jaclyn said...

Wow!! I can't believe they want a conference for that!! I personally think it is age appropriate behavior, he is testing his boundaries and learning. No, he shouldn't hit, etc, but that is part of this age. We get incident reports all the time, sometimes he's the aggressor and sometimes it's somebody else. I wouldn't worry about it. As long as you are addressing it each time and teaching him, you are doing great. Definately not a mommy fail!!

Val said...

Trent is such a cutie either way! Ask Missy...Trent's daddy was a biter when he was in preschool! :) You're doing great...he is totally testing his boundaries.

Anonymous said...

Hey Val, she kicked me in the head! - B

STACEY said...

Is it wrong that I find the added “he laughed afterwards” humorous?!