Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Trent's 'First' Haircut

So if I'm being real, Trent's first haircut was really just a trim.  It kept his 'wings' under control for awhile, but because we only trimmed the sides, he was getting really close to officially having a mullet.  As much as I didn't want to chop his curls, it was time.  It's such a silly thing to get upset about, and I didn't really get upset, but it does feel like he's not really a baby anymore but a little boy.  But it is definitely exciting to watch him grow and change - I swear every day he's picking up a new word, expression, activity!

Strapping him into the chair did NOT go well.  I ended up sitting in the chair (and let me tell you those chairs are not made for adult bottoms) holding my SCREAMING son.  We're lucky he did not get cut - the lady who cut his hair was super quick, I'm sure she's had practice.  You can really see his mullet in the first pic. 

Poor, sad Billy Ray Cyrus...

Whoa!  Who is this big boy?!?!  Still precious as ever though!
He cried so hard and was so upset, the first thing I did when we got home was give him some Cinnamon Toast Crunch.  He totally loves that cereal, and we hardly ever give it to him...but I definitely had some Mommy Guilt.  Ha!


8 comments:

Melissa said...

What a cutie!

Dezzy Lou Where Are You said...

the tears on his smock are so sad!

Kelly said...

I agree with Trent...cinnamon toast cruch makes everything better! :)

Anonymous said...

His fro was out of control. Good job, mom. - B

Jaclyn said...

Trent's new hair cut looks so cute!! Did you go to Snip-Its? That what it looks like in the background. We always see Britney there.

Allena said...

Yup - it was Snip-Its!!

Courtney said...

He looks so adorable with his big boy hair cut! Noah hates getting his hair cut too!

Val said...

What a cutie! I didn't think he could get any cuter...but this might have done it! What a little man. Oh and thanks for the love! :)