Thursday, October 14, 2010

Recipe Experiment

One thing that has been a challenge for me my entire time as a Mrs. has been consistently cooking dinner.  Brent would happily eat fast food every day, but I do not like that being a staple in our diets.  I might love 'The Biggest Loser', but I do not want to star on it.  I thought it would be fun for all us lovely ladies to help each other out and post a favorite easy recipe or two.  And maybe even do it every once in a while to give each other new ideas or encouragement to keep trying at our goal...even if we have so far failed miserably.  Or am I alone in that failure?  Anyone?  Anyone?  Bueller?  Moving on...

Without further adieu...I present Enchilada Casserole.

Ingredients:
1 pound ground beef
1 can cream of chicken
1 can enchilada sauce
Corn tortillas
Grated cheese

Steps:
1. Brown meat.
2. Mix in cream of chicken and enchilada sauce.
3. Layer tortillas, 1/2 meat/soup mixture, cheese in a casserole dish.  Repeat.
4. Bake in oven at 350 degrees for roughly 15-20 minutes (want cheese melted but cook too long and it gets HARD).

Optional:
I will mix hominy or corn with it sometimes to add a veggie. 

Anyone else want to play?!?!  If so, leave a comment so we can find your recipe.

4 comments:

A Real Housewife said...

I was just going to post some of the recipes I've made for dinner the past week. Naturally I forgot the recipes at home....I'll do that tonight unless I can find them online!

Kelly said...

I still have my blog active so check it out...under the recipes tab: http://www.myhealthypassion.wordpress.com

Dezzy Lou Where Are You said...

Sounds yummy! I try to post recipes every now and then and especially when they turn out yummy. If I wasnt obsessed with my programs tonight I might post ;)

Hanna said...

I have to admit that I tried your recipe last night and it was AWESOME! We loved it!! Super fast and easy. :-) I'll have to think of something to post. However, one of our easiest throw togethers includes Buitoni pasta (found in the refrigerated section in the deli usually) and chicken browned in olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and italian seasoning. Combine the two and sprinkle a little cheese over the top and voila! As for vegetables, the steamers found in the freezer section are the way to go for us lately. Thanks for sharing! Yummy!