Friday, January 5, 2024

Christmas 2023 Rewind

We had a great break for Christmas. I was able to take the kids entire school break off with them, and we packed a lot into the time off!

Christmas Eve

We started Christmas Eve by going to church with my mother-in-law. She is the secretary at her church, and I love going there - the vibe is topnotch. The pastor wanted children to read part of the story of Jesus' birth and my girls agreed to help! I almost fell over because Brent went with us, yay! We had lunch with my in-laws and then went home to get ready for celebrating with my parents.

My dad requested pralines, so Drew and I attempted to make them - and I think they turned out great!


My little baker

Swope Christmas was a little smaller this year as Patty's crew didn't come over. Their pediatrician recommended keeping the baby away from people for a little while, since he was over 3 weeks early. We still had a great time with my parents though!

Whiskey sours in honor of my Granny and the Gurley grands!

Lots of great gifts!





I had to eat a Christmas wreath alone this year, so sad!


Christmas Day

The kids actually slept in pretty good {we didn't get home from my parents until midnight}, so we didn't start opening presents until 9:00am - that was their present to us, ha.

Trent's hair!







Mimosas and poinsettias in my new Santa mugs


We went to Brent's parents' around 3:00 for another round of Christmas!

You can't be a Gurley Gurl if you don't like champagne, ha

Our YuGiOh guys

Gurley grands








Patty took a picture for me when they went to my parents' Christmas Day.
Thanks, sis, for always humoring me!

We have one more Christmas Saturday {my mom's extended family}, but we had a great time!


1 comments:

Kathryn Bagley said...

AH I did not make the Christmas wreaths! Maybe ill do a spring one :) Oh this makes me wish it was Christmas again!