Monday, November 6, 2023

Book Club Does Maggiano's

 If you don't know this about me, then you haven't been reading my blog for very long, but I LOVE a good tradition. Our book club has been going strong for 12 years and almost since the beginning we have done an annual holiday gift exchange. At some point along the way, we added going to Maggiano's for dinner as part of the experience. We don't go to Maggiano's every year - and we didn't last year - but everyone was super sad after last year, so we 100% knew we needed to go this year.

Coordinating schedules with 9 wives/mothers is no easy tasks, so our 'holiday' dinner was last week ha. It's a super fun kickoff to all things holiday! We ended up with 2 ladies out due to illness, but the other 7 of us had a blast.

There's a lot of years of friendship here!
Rhonda ~ Susannah ~ Jennifer ~ Allena ~ Tricia ~ Desiree ~ Karin

I always get lasagna with a take home meal of 4-cheese ravioli. As always, it was DELICIOUS.

Check out that dessert! Pumpkin pecan cheesecake!
And a very dark Colorado bulldog as my dessert drink of choice.

We are the worst {or possibly the best?} at a gift exchange and very little stealing happens because everything we open is so fun. I ended up with coasters that look like old-timey library checkout cards and a bag that says 'I'm with the banned' - 100% perfect for me! I still use the cake stand I got in our first gift exchange!


We had a great time, and I don't think we'll ever miss again unless a catastrophe happens - we talked briefly about going to another restaurant and we all agreed we have to stick with what we love - if it ain't broke, don't fix it! {grin}


0 comments: