Monday, October 10, 2022

Monthly Musings: Fall Decor and Halloween

I'm sure you're all surprised I'm posting a survey, but I can't pass up a good survey! {grin}

1. How do you decorate for fall/Halloween? I start with a lot of pumpkins once fall hits {roughly} and then add Halloween decor in October and then Thanksgiving decor in November. You can see a post I did a few years ago HERE - decor is similar this year.

2. Do you decorate inside? Outside? Both? Mostly inside but there's a little I do outside. We have 2 rocking chairs on our porch, and I've amassed a decent holiday-themed pillow collection that I love rotating out throughout the year. We have some specific yard decorations for Halloween, but I have to make sure Brent is done mowing for the year before I put that out - learned that the hard way when he pulled everything out to mow!

3. When do you do your fall decorating? I think it's fair game for pumpkins  once September hits - even if it's still over 100 degrees in Texas ha! Sometimes I get everything out very early in September, other years {like this year} it was later in the month.

4. How do you pumpkin--decorate with pumpkins? Our house has lots and lots of pumpkins...but mostly fake ones. I love buying them at Target and craft stores - different patterns, textures, sizes, shapes...give me all the pumpkins!

5. Do you add lights to your decorating? No Halloween lights for us.

6. Do you do anything special for Halloween dinner? No special dinner either. Since Halloween often falls on a school night, it's usually just a normal night with the added bonus of trick or treating. It was really nice the last few years when it was on the weekend!

7. Favorite Halloween candy? Give me all the chocolate - Kit Kats, Snickers, Twix!

8. Full size or fun size candy bars? Fun size! Then you can eat a variety. Although you can also get in trouble because a lot of minis add up to a lot of a full size haha.

9. Best fall decor tips? I am not a decorating pro by any means, but I do love having pieces that can be used over and over again AND that last longer. Using pumpkins as a main staple in the fall and sprinkling in Halloween or Thanksgiving decorations mean I get more bang for my buck with the pumpkins!

10. Pumpkin spice--yes or no? I don't seek it out but also don't hate it. I really like pumpkin bread and love to make a pumpkin spice Colorado bulldog!


2 comments:

Kathryn Bagley said...

I have very little up in terms of decorations but i do have some things. My favorite thing is to fill my scentsy's with all things fall!

Emily said...

I feel the same about pumpkin spice - don't hate it, but don't seek it out. I do seek out apple-flavoring a lot though! Do your carved pumpkins rot faster because of the heat? I imagine you can't carve that far in advance.