Sunday, June 6, 2021

What Are We XX-ing?

Linking up again with Anne for her version of Currently. It always seems like something like this should be easy, but it isn't. Sometimes I spend a lot of time thinking about what I want to blog about, ha.

{celebrating}

School is out and summer is here!
Our spring has been unusually mild and wet, 
so we are excited for it to hopefully soon FEEL LIKE SUMMER,
but we are 100% enjoying the lazy days right now.

Pool time at Brent's brother's house!
{Still too cold for me though, ha}

{collecting}

I am not a collector of anything, so I was really struggling with this. 
But...as I thought about it for a second...
I realized I currently have 10 electronic books checked out!!!
Even for me that's a little excessive, but it sure seems like a collection.
There's no way I'll get through all of them before their due dates, 
but I'm going to give it my best effort!

You Should See Me in a Crown by Leah Johnson
Untamed by Glennon Doyle {for a work book club event}
The Sun Does Shine by Anthony Ray Hinton
White Tiger by Aravind Adiga {Blog Friend Book Club}
The Midnight Library by Matt Haig
Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult {old school book club, this Friday!}
On the Way to the Wedding by Julia Quinn
Because of Miss Bridgerton by Julia Quinn
Motherhood So White by Nefertiti Austin
So Close to Being the Sh*t, Y'all Don't Even Know by Retta {audiobook}

{gifting}

BIRTHDAYS! FATHER'S DAY! June is a big month in our family!

My mom turns 70 on June 21 this year, and Trent turns 12 on June 30.
Then it's time to love on the dads in our lives, and we've got some great ones.
And I am the WORST gift giver in the world, 
so I have a ton of anxiety about what to get everyone in this list, sigh.

{thinking}

We're working on lining up some vacations this summer and fall.
It is so exciting to think about travel and normal life again.

Our fall staycation when Costa Rica couldn't happen - our last 'trip'


{trying}

I'm really trying to get back on track with my weight loss.
If you've been here for a while, you might have noticed I've been silent about it.
The spring was not my friend and I slipped back into bad eating habits.
I am still KILLING my exercise routine though so at least there's that!
But I'm really working to get back on track
 and hopefully have a good update later this summer.
I keep reminding myself this is a marathon...but it's been more like an Iron man!


4 comments:

Natasha said...

I'm all about your collecting!!! And I'd be happy to take some of your rain in exchange for our heat (which for you is probably cold but has us melting).

Anne said...

Books have a way of collecting over here too - both on my actual shelf and my Kindle! I enjoyed You Should See Me in a Crown, and I've got The Midnight Library on my list to read soon.

We've got lots of June celebrations too in my family. Fun to finally be getting to celebrate them in person this year.

Have a great summer :)

Kirstin said...

I tend to collect ebooks too...lol. Probably because they're out of sight out of mind so I just find more. Hopefully you get to go on vacation. I need to get back on track with exercise and weight loss. Ugghhh...some physical bumps in the road have hindered that and the older we get the harder it is...lol

Kathryn Bagley said...

Guys are literally the hardest people to shop for! What about a fun t-shirt?