Thursday, June 10, 2021

10 on the 10th

We are getting super close to the official start of summer, but we've been enjoying summer vacation for 2 weeks now. I thought it would be fun to share 10 Things I Love About Summer for today's 10 on the 10th!

1. Pool Time

We all love swimming! We are so lucky to have a great pool in our neighborhood and we spend so much time there all summer. It's a great way to enjoy the sweltering Texas heat, get the kids' energy out, and just PLAY!


2. Lazy Mornings

I love that our mornings are stress free! The school year morning rush is so hectic, and by the start of summer I am so drained from it. I love that everyone can sleep in and wake up when they want.


3. Late Evening SUNSHINE

Similar to #2, it's so great to have so much sunshine. In the height of summer, we still will have light at 9 PM. It's so great now that the kids are tied to strict bedtimes as much to be able to relax and enjoy the outside in the evenings...when it finally cools down ha!

4. Trent's and Babs' Birthdays

We love birthdays in this family and love celebrating our peeps.
This year Trent turns 12, and Babs turns 70!!!


5. 4th of July Fun

The 4th of July is becoming one of my favorite holidays. We spend it in our neighborhood - participating in our little parade, swimming at the pool, eating with our friends, doing sparklers. It is such a fun day. It's also great that this year my company is giving us 3 days of holidays around the 4th, so I get a 5-day weekend, yay!


6. Lake Adventures

For the last few years, we've gone on a weekend lake adventure with Brent's mom. The kids and I have had a blast every time. I'm looking forward already to ours for this year, and it's not until August.


7. Lots of Family Time

I love how much stuff we get to do as a family!


8. Snow Cones

My FAVORITE summer treat!


9. Time with Friends

We have such great friends that I love doing life with. Especially our neighborhood crew. I love that in the summer we get to do even more together - I have a generous vacation policy at work, and I love using days in the summer to go on adventures.


10. My Birthday!

Saving the best for last! I love celebrating MYSELF every summer. {grin}


What do you love the most about summer?


3 comments:

Natasha said...

I LOVE the lack of schedules! I feel like we can just take it easy and enjoy life!

Kathryn Bagley said...

ohh jelly of your 5 day weekend!! I miss summer days at the ole WB pool..good memories and good times :)

Emily said...

Ha, I have your Old Navy American stripe tank in my cart right now. How much vacation time are you up to with Deloitte? I believe I started with 20 (25?) PTO days and I remember it went up FAST.