Friday, December 11, 2020

10 on the 10th {December 2020}

Since I just did a DiTL post, I didn't think it made sense to do a regular 10 on the 10th and instead decided to highlight my 10 favorite ornaments! [And for full disclosure, this was Natasha's idea.]

ONE

I don't love buy knick-knacks when I travel...unless it's an ornament!

~~~~ San Francisco ~~~~~~ The Biltmore ~~~~~~~ Pebble Beach ~~~~

TWO

How perfect is this Starbucks ornament for me?


THREE

Brent's parents gave us this ornament the year we were married. I love it!


FOUR

Every year my mom buys me/Patty an ornament and the kids each an ornament. This angel one was last year for the kids, and I think it's so pretty!


FIVE

A friend got me this when I was pregnant with Trent. It always makes me smile.

SIX

My mother-in-law also got ornaments for the kids' first Christmases.


SEVEN

Some friends of ours made an ornament of Brent and me from high school as a joke, but I actually love it!


EIGHT

Another cute one from my mom, just makes me happy and reminds me of my childhood.


NINE

I have quite a few Jim Shore ornaments {again from my mom}, and they are so nicely made and beautifully detailed. 


TEN

One set of ornaments my mom gave us one year were handmade by a former student of hers. This girl was born without forearms and her fingers start at her elbows. She has defied so many odds including becoming an artist and designing these ornaments. If that isn't something to give you hope and strength, I don't know what is!



3 comments:

Kathryn Bagley said...

I love ornaments with meaning!! That last one is super special :)

Natasha said...

Oh, I love your ornaments. I especially like the stories with pictures seven and ten and I need to get myself a Starbucks ornament STAT!

Emily said...

I LOVE specialty ornaments so I ADORE this post!!!! I love the idea of buying ornaments while you travel; I always bought shot glasses but we don't use them. I especially love the story of your mom's student; what beautiful work!