Friday, February 8, 2019

Movie Review: Green Book

Allison and I finally saw an Oscar nominated film...and spoiler alert...we loved it! One of the reasons we haven't been as eager this year to see all the nominated films is how underwhelmed we've been with many of the nominations over the last few years. Well, we hit a winner!!


Plot: A working-class Italian-American bouncer becomes the driver of an African-American classical pianist on a tour of venues through the 1960s American South.

Review: As I mentioned above, Allison and I both really enjoyed Green Book. The story hit all the right notes - I like how I saw it described as a comedy-drama - I laughed, I was on pins-and-needles for certain parts, it felt relevant as we still deal with way too much racial tension, the characters were likable and felt very real. I really want to see this movie again! Given how much I liked it, I highly doubt it will win Best Picture, but I could easily see the 2 actors winning awards - they were amazing. This is definitely one I think anyone would enjoy!

Without much trying, I've now seen half of the movies nominated for Best Picture {Black Panther - rented with Trent, Bohemian Rhapsody, A Star is Born, and this}. With BlacKkKlansman and Roma being online already, I think I might be able to still hit all 8 by the end of the month, yay! What's even more shocking is I've REALLY liked everything I've seen so far!! I wonder if the remaining 4 will hold up?!

2 comments:

Natasha said...

Plus it has Viggo Mortenson... Aaaahhhh.

Emily said...

I saw commercials for this and it looked so good. Glad to hear it lived up to it.