Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Highs and Lows - 2017 Rewind

Here we are again...at the end of another year. I've been blogging since December 2008, so that's NINE YEARS of posts. In 2018, I'll publish my 2,000th post and have been at this for a decade. So crazy! Overall, 2017 was not my favorite year - the upside was we spent the whole year as our complete family of 5 - but we had some job turmoil, LOTS of sickness, post-partum, my uncle's death... I'm hopeful as we go into 2018 that it'll be a better year! So let's see how 2017 stacked up:

Best Movie

I only saw 7 movies this year {compared with 22 last year}, so this isn't quite the assortment to choose from I normally have. I fully expect 2018 to get me back into prime movie watching - Allison and I have a LOT of Oscar movies still to see! But...my favorite of 2017 has to be...


Wonder Woman {review here}

Worst Movie


King Arthur: Legend of the Sword {review here}
It wasn't so much that it was awful {although Allison would say it was}, just that everything else was better!

Best Book


Cancel the Wedding by Carolyn T. Dingman
This will tell you how much I loved this book - I BOUGHT it and have already re-read it.

Worst Book


The Zookeeper's Wife by Diane Ackerman

I am not sure if I should let this count since I didn't finish it, but that alone tells you how bad I thought it was - I NEVER don't finish a book! So disappointing because you guys know how much I love WW2 books.



Best Trip

We had 2 water-related Texas trips this year - a lake trip with my mom's side of the family and a trip to the JW Marriott in San Antonio with Brent's parents and brother's family. 



But I would say my favorite trip of the year was the 1-night getaway to San Antonio Brent and I took. It was hard for me to be away from Paige, but it was so worth it to get some 1-on-1 time with Brent. We definitely don't get enough of that with 3 kids, ha!

Best Experience

Not quite as exciting as birthing a baby like last year, but I certainly LOVED Paige's baptism! Such a special moment to share with my BFF {who is godmother to all my kids} and her son, Rhett, who I am godmother to.



Worst Experience

For me, it would be the return of post-partum. Battling that for the 3rd time was pretty awful. Thankfully I have a lot of great support and medication to even me out. Ha!

Favorite Family Picture


I love the picture we just took at Brent's Nannie's house on Christmas Eve.


3 comments:

Kathryn Bagley said...

Happy New Year friend! Many blessings for 2018 :)

Emily said...

We were late to the party on Wonder Woman (aka everyone had seen it and super hyped it). I still loved it righhhhttt up until the last 30 minutes when true to form, they ruined it with a long drawn out unneeded action scene. Why why why. This is why I generally despise comic movies. Marvel usually does it worse than DC Comics but they are both guilty.

Natasha said...

I agree with The Zookeeper's Wife. Nothing to write home about - blah :(