Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Flu-Mageddon 2018

Whew. The past 10 days have been a mess! 

Last Friday, I took the kids to visit my in-laws after school and then had book club. I came home earlier than normal because I was so tired and had a headache. #foreshadowing 

Saturday morning, I nursed Paige and when I got back in bed I was so cold and couldn't get warm no matter what. I had the chills for hours. When I got up, I took my temperature and it was almost 103. I slept most of the day and my parents took the big kids.

Sunday, my fever came and went but I felt much better. Monday I still had fever and Brent did too. It was his day to sleep all day, but by Tuesday we were all fever free. Paige had a little bit of fever in the middle of the night but nothing significant. I thought it must have been just a short-lived cold.

Tuesday the kids were all home due to ice, and we kept everyone home Wednesday just to be safe before sending everything back.

Thursday, everyone went back to school! But then I got a call at 1:00 to get Drew - she was complaining of a bad headache. I went ahead and grabbed Paige too while I was at school and in the time I put Paige down for a nap, Drew started running fever and was crying and crying over her headache. My father-in-law came over to sit while Paige slept, and I took Drew to urgent care.

Drew tested positive for flu, and the PA who saw us said it was likely Brent and I already had the flu if we had fever, fatigue, etc. earlier in the week. Drew's fever got up to 105 that night, but her spirits were pretty good. Friday I kept everyone home again because I didn't know if Trent and Paige were carriers now.

I started running fever again Thursday evening and went to urgent care Friday and got diagnosed with bronchitis.

Saturday, Paige just didn't seem right and Trent had been fighting a cough for a long time, so I took both of them to the pediatrician. Paige tested positive for the flu and had an ear infection. Luckily, Trent's flu test was negative and the cough was determined to be allergies.

Sunday, everyone was fever free! I kept the girls home Monday and they both took long naps and were in great spirits.

Hopefully, this is the end of the Big Flu 2018 for our family!

1 comments:

Emily said...

Ugh the worst!!!! I’m glad Paige escaped ok, especially since the flu can be so dangerous for babies (all hail breastfeeding antibodies!)