Monday, January 8, 2018

2018 Goals

I don't plan to do monthly goals this year because they all seem to revolve around similar themes: eat better, workout more, clean more, get organized... Let's just call those Allena's Life Goals and move on, okay?

Overall, for 2017 I wanted to adjust to being a family of 5 and not get post-partum. 50-50 for the year, ha! We are rocking being a family of 5 as we move into year 2 of our new normal. The first year is always rough, but we got into a groove and things are good.

For 2018, I did want to set a few smaller, fun goals that are measureable but challenging. {In addition to Allena's Life Goals, of course!}


1. Get Outside - This is my one cheat that should probably be a Life Goal, but I find it important enough for the year to focus on it here. I am not an outdoors person. I used to try and say I was, but if I'm being real, I'm not. BUT I know how important nature is for everyone and especially kids. I want us to leave the house in the morning on 'adventures' and not come home until Paige needs to nap. I want to explore, try new parks, just get out of the house! In the summer, we spend a lot of time in our neighborhood pool - sometimes 5 days a week - but I'd love to see us spending more time outside the rest of the year.

2. Finish Trent and Drew's Baby Books - My first 2 babies aren't babies anymore. SOB. Most baby books only cover the first 5 years, so I want to get theirs done. Trent's is in pretty good shape minus pictures, but Drew's could use some work. Luckily everything is on the blog, so it's just transferring it over and printing out some pictures. I lost the hair from both of their first haircuts, and I might have thrown Trent's baby teeth away, but I can at least add details and pictures!!

3. Win the Book Challenge - Sorry Allison, you're going down! I posted in November about the POPSUGAR book challenge - it's a year-long challenge with 40 prompts and 10 bonus prompts. Knowing Allison and me, it's going to take the bonus prompts to pick a winner - and the winner has to pay for movie tickets and snacks at our first 2019 movie! In 2017, I read 58 books, and it was 75 in 2016, so I'm not worried about the number of books, but some of the prompts are challenging, so I have to make sure I stay on-top of it. Right now, I've got ideas for 17 of the prompts and have 3 checked out/in progress - not too shabby!

4. Photo-a-Day - I feel like I didn't take enough pictures/videos this year. I would go days without any pics which isn't like me! Brent is rolling his eyes right now reading this. I want to make sure and take a picture every day, and I'll do a weekly post showing what I've got. I'm trying to come up with a name for it... Photo-a-Day by Mama A?

See? Nothing too crazy on here, but I think some good goals! We'll see how this goes in 360 days!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are going to be so sad when you lose! ;) Agree that some of these prompts are not going to be easy! Agree with needing to get outside, too. Another shared goal! - AP

Kathryn Bagley said...

I have one more yearly go-do a 5k with me! ha! and I'm excited about your weekly blog of your pics a day-fun!

Emily said...

Yes go outside!!!! It’s so healthy! And you have the perfect winter weather for it! I’m excited for your book challenge because that means I’ll find a lot of new books. :)

BG said...

You want to read a lot and go outside a lot, which will win out? I think we know that answer....

Natasha said...

Obviously you need to combine being outside with reading and you are all set! I'm also excited to see what books you are reading :)