Monday, December 4, 2017

Paige's One-derful Party

We had Paige's first birthday party on Saturday! I wanted to have it early in the month to try and separate it from Christmas parties for family and friends and also separate it from Drew's birthday since their birthdays are 12 days apart. We had such an amazing time celebrating our littlest love.

Drew's first birthday party was a Winter One-derland, and I loved that play on words, so we worked with our wonderful card maker and came up with 'Oh, what a one-derful year!' for her theme. I thought the invitation cards came out perfect!


From that we ended up decorating with a rainbow theme. I have always loved rainbows and have never done a rainbow party, so I had a lot of fun with it. I decorated very simply and got 2 bouquets of balloons and a big '1' balloon and then found a rainbow tissue paper tassel banner on Amazon. I found some paper plates at Target that were for a unicorn party, so they were perfect too!



I took down our stockings to hang the banner.

Presents mixed with Christmas decor! #thiswillbeeverybirthdayforPaige

I made the same cupcake as I did for Trent's first birthday but found a healthy recipe, so it was more like bread and didn't rise as much, so it was kind of a mini-cupcake. The icing was mostly Greek yogurt and cream cheese, so it wasn't really the kind for piping. I added some gold sugar sprinkles and think it turned out cute!



I found an easy way to pipe rainbow icing, and I think the cupcakes turned out really cute!






I found the perfect party dress at Wal-mart online. How cute is my little {almost} 1-year-old?!?!




Silly cousins!

Getting ready to sing to the birthday girl!

Not sure just what is going on...

Hmmm...




All done!

Her presents got opened by her siblings, cousins, and friends. Ha!

We can't miss an opportunity for a #SwopeSix photo op

We partied hard until about 10:00 PM with some of our friends and I was asleep at 10:30, ha.

The aftermath!

And Sunday morning checking out all the presents!

We love this little girl beyond words, and I am so looking forward to soaking in the next few weeks.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was the perfect dress! And the cupcakes looked great. Sorry we missed it. - AP

Hanna said...

So cute!! Trent and Paige look like Brent; Drew looks like you. :-)

Kathryn Bagley said...

Everything looked great! Those cupcakes looked yummy!

Emily said...

I am extremely impressed by your cupcake rainbow piping!!! What did you do? I would have no idea where to start with that.

Erika said...

So sweet!! Everything is just precious!!