Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Fun December Happenings

We're having a great start to our December. I always really enjoy the weeks leading up to Christmas - even more so, I think, than I actually enjoy Christmas. Once December 26 hits, I am pretty much done, so I love soaking up every last drop of holiday cheer!

I love that Santa comes to visit our church - it saves a trip to the mall that I'm sure would drive everyone crazy, and I'd regret trying to get out and do it. Now I can be a lazy mom and see Santa where we are every week anyway!

I wasn't even going to attempt to get Paige to sit on Santa's lap, and Drew was even pretty hesitant, so I just plopped right down next to St. Nick.
Trent has a cute Santa shirt, but I had to wash it that morning and it wasn't dry. Boo.

Love having my parents be there with us!

2012-2014-2015-2017

Sunday afternoon we went to my parents' to hang out with my sister and her crew. I love, love, love how close our 6 kids are and hope that remains their whole lives.

I posted this pic on Instagram, and it was taken down for content??? Seriously?

Monday, I drove for a field trip for the 3rd graders in Trent's class. We went to the Texas state capitol. I haven't been in a LONG time {probably 20+ years}, so it was fun to go!


The 3rd graders and Ms. Veena - she is amazing!

Hello little Lone Star!

One of two 24' Christmas trees! Gorgeous!

Sneaking a selfie with this cute little dude

After our tour was over, we drove to a nearby food trailer park and had lunch. There was an ice cream trailer, and Ms. Veena told them all to manage their money well if they wanted to be able to get ice cream. Cracks me up so much because their school as a low/no sugar policy.

Think he was enjoying 'breaking the rules'?

I hope the second half of December is as great as the first half has been. We need to make our gingerbread houses and listen to a lot more carols and see a lot more lights! 

3 comments:

Kathryn Bagley said...

Love the santa comparison pictures! My how your family has changed :)

Anonymous said...

How great that Santa visits your church! Definitely much more relaxed & enjoyable than the mall! - AP

Emily said...

A bath tub pic taken down for content??? Doesn’t look like any “bits” showing unless you count the girls’ top half but really? That’s surprising.