Wednesday, January 4, 2017

December 2016 Reads


I was a little busy toward the end of December {grin}, but I still managed to read 6 books this month - all repeat authors but why fix what ain't broke? My total for the year was 69 books!!


Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover - This was my 5th Colleen Hoover book to read, and I think It Ends with Us has been the best, but I did enjoy Ugly Love. A girl and guy start a relationship but he says to never ask about his past or expect a future. She thinks she can do that...but of course falls in love and can't. The story goes from the present to his past to understand why he feels the way he does. His story is so sad but there's of course a good ending!

14th Deadly Sin & 15th Affair by James Patterson - I am now caught up on the Women's Murder Club books! These 2 were much better than previous ones - I was feeling like the series was kind of going all over the place, but these 2 had more of a concrete story rather than chasing several plots. The 15th ended on a cliffhanger, so I'm excited for #16!

Confess by Colleen Hoover - Another Colleen Hoover! Another love story with a twist - I don't want to give too much away because there were some shockers in here, but I really enjoyed this one.

The Obsession by Nora Roberts - A young girl discovers that her father is a serial killer and that knowledge carries into her adult life as she builds a new life for herself. A really good Nora book!

Stars of Fortune by Nora Roberts - This is the beginning of another magical trilogy about 6 people who are drawn together to search for 3 enchanted stars before an evil god can get them. Yes, that is really the description {grin}. I love these trilogies Nora does and enjoy the magical aspects too. Not her best but still a fun read.


0 comments: