Monday, July 20, 2015

Besties

I think my favorite thing about having 2 kids is watching the bond between them grow. I turn into a giant pile of mom mush when I see them playing and laughing together. Nothing would make me happier than watching them be best friends for years to come.

One thing they always want to do is try and sleep together. And it is always a big fail. Yesterday Trent started asking really early in the afternoon if they could try again last night. And we let them. And it ended at 10:30 with me rocking Drew to sleep and putting her in bed with Trent. Every time we tried to separate them, they clung to each other and begged to stay together. Sweetest thing I've ever seen.

After they left the bed for the floor...they needed reading material.

Like any true slumber party, not enough sleep was had by anyone. So today? The siblings that party together nap at the wrong times together.

8:30 AM

6:00 PM {and he's still asleep as I type this at 10:41}

I think we're going to wait awhile before their next sleepover?

2 comments:

Kathryn Bagley said...

ha! me and my sister did not become besties until my junior year in college!!

Karen Peterson said...

I remember having sleepovers with my brother. They usually ended in us kicking each other.