STREP THROAT
There is nothing quite as enjoyable as being 34 years old, having a full-time job, family responsibilities revolving around 2 small children who TOTALLY understand what it means when mommy says she doesn't feel good {I need a snack. Can you read to me? Do you feel better yet? Come play with me. Where are my shoes? Hold you. When are we going to eat? I don't wannnnnnnnnnnnna take a bath!!!} and feeling like your throat is going to explode out of your mouth.
I tried to play it off Sunday and Monday - Oh, it's just allergies and drainage. That slight fever? Oh that's nothing, I was just hot after napping under a blanket. Going to bed at 6:30 means you are totally fine, right?
Tuesday I was pretty miserable but had an all-day meeting {virtual luckily} that went from 8:00 until 5:00 so by then I knew I needed to go to the doctor but couldn't. Tuesday night I couldn't sleep at all and just waited for 8:00 AM to call the doctor. I didn't want it to be strep because I don't want the kids or Brent to be at risk of something contagious, but I knew if it was strep I could get medicine and feel better faster. I don't like taking antibiotics and do everything under the sun first before using, but I couldn't wait to fill this prescription when the strep test came back positive.
4 pills in and I'm feeling somewhat better but nowhere near great. The icing on the cake is Brent has a little virus of some sort but thankfully not strep {yet}. Nothing like both parents being under the weather. The kids might have watched quite a bit of TV yesterday. Such is life.
How's your week going? {grin}

2 comments:
Oh bummer! I hope you're feeling better! It's no fair that parents get sick. There should be a moratorium on parental illness when the kids are too young to fend for themselves.
So sorry!! Hope you're feeling better!!
Post a Comment