Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Book Challenge

I mentioned recently a book challenge I was going to try and participate in. I'm not linking up with the blogger who is hosting the challenge to win or anything, but I thought it could be fun to help me expand my horizons. You might be able to still enter the challenge, but the contest began as of 5/1/15, so my apologies for posting this last for the 2 people who actually enjoy my posts about books. {Once a book nerd, always a book nerd.}


5 points: Freebie! Read any book that fits the general rules {200 pages in length, stuff like that...click the link for them all}. 
10 points: Read a book you have never heard of before. (Just go to a shelf and pick a book based on the cover, the title, whatever you want!) 
10 points: Read a book that has been on your TBR list for at least two years. (If you've had a Goodreads account for 2+ years, this will be easy to figure out. If you don’t, do your best to pick a book you’re pretty sure you’ve been wanting to read for years.) 
10 points: Read a book that won a Goodreads “Best Book” award in 2014. 
15 points: Read a book by an author who is completely new to you. 
15 points: 
Read a book by an author you have read before. (No re-reads for this one.) 
15 points: Read a book with "light" or "dark" in the title. (Or "lightness" or "darkness.") 
20 points: Read a book with the name of a city, state or country in the title. 
20 points: Read a book with an animal on the cover. 
25 points: Read a book that is part of a series with at least four books. 
25 points: Read a book that is longer than 500 pages long. — Submitted by winter finisher Kristen from See You in a Porridge. 
30 points: Read a book with an alliterative title. (All words in the title must begin with the same letter; no exceptions for articles or prepositions. Examples: Gone Girl or Nicholas Nickleby. Yes, this is tough, which is why it's worth the most points!) 

I've outlined the books I want to read for about half of these. I need to read our May book club book, and then I'll be tackling this list! Anyone want to play along?  The challenge runs through the end of August, so I figure I'll post about it at the end of every month to see how I'm doing!




3 comments:

Kathryn Bagley said...

Girl I am lucky if I can have my book club read! Can't wait to see what all you're reading though!

Anonymous said...

15 points for read an author you've read before! Done. - AP

Karen said...

Yay! Can't wait to see what you read!