Thursday, May 7, 2015

May Goals

I made a few personal goals for the month of May that I thought I'd share to help hold me accountable for the month. Fingers crossed I can accomplish what's on here...I kind of took it easy on myself, so it shouldn't be too hard.


1. Organize house - The house is in pretty good shape. The playroom has me 100% overwhelmed though and nothing is decorated. I want to figure out what the heck to do in the playroom and do it! No guarantees I'll decorate much, but I'd love to feel like everything is where it's supposed to be.

2. Develop {and stick to} a cleaning schedule - I've blogged many times about my lack of organization and cleaning. Working from home, I save a lot of time every day - less makeup {most days none}, casual clothes, no commute... I want to translate that saved time into picking up/cleaning time around the house. My goal is to do something every day {clean the bathrooms one day, sweep the floors the next} so that the house always {or almost always} looks pretty good.

3. Hire nanny - I'm cheating on this one a little as I've got this narrowed down, but we aren't doing summer camp this summer at the school, so we need someone to watch the kids. I put out feelers lots of places, and it was a little stressful/overwhelming at first, but I think we're actually almost there on this one!

4. Schedule family pictures - I have a talented friend who has graciously given us free pictures as payment for helping her with some essential oils stuff. Now we just need to get a date on the calendar!

5. Family activity - I often feel like we don't DO anything as a family. Well, besides live, eat, sleep, and play together. {grin} I don't care what we do, I just want us to pick an activity outside the home and do it together!

So those are my goals for the month!  What are yours?

1 comments:

Kathryn Bagley said...

What about doing a chalkboard wall for the playroom? (maybe not the whole wall since your house is new. I vote for a family trip to SeaWorld for your family activity! ;)